Here is the recipe for the White Chocolate Brownies that I baked in my vlog, “My face is numb!” Before I baked these brownies, I thought they would be too sweet, but all the ingredients balance really well. Enjoy them x
Recipe taken from: “How to be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking” by Nigella Lawson.
White-Chocolate & Macadamia Brownies
- 125g unsalted butter
- 250g white chocolate, cut into chunks, or buttons
- 4 large eggs
- 1tsp salt
- 350g caster sugar
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 300g plain flour
- 250g macadamia nuts, roughly chopped (I didn’t have macadamia nuts, so I used almonds!)
- 25x20x5cm brownie tin, buttered
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Melt the butter and chocolate either in the microwave or a double boiler. In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the salt until they start to whoosh up in volume. Add the sugar and the vanilla. Continue beating until really thick and creamy.
- Let the chocolate mixture cool slightly, then beat into the egg and sugar mixture. Gently fold in the flour and nuts.
- Pour into your prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes or until set on top and gooey in the middle. Leave in tin for 5 minutes before cutting into squares.