In this episode we explore the business journeys of entrepreneur, Yasmin Degiorgio, Founder of Sanya, Theobroma, and former owner of Grassy Hopper. We Speak about the spiritual journey that led her to her businesses, we touch on topics like the shadow, ayahuasca, and our relationships with money.Continue reading “From Spiritual Seeker to Conscious Business Owner, with Yasmin DeGiorgio”
Thank you so much for your questions on Instagram in honour of A Life I Choose’s 3rd birthday! In this video, I answer the following questions:
1) What is your advice to someone who has just started a FB page and wants to take a leap from there? (01.25)
2) What are the essential tips for someone wishing to start a business? (04.09)
3) I’m having trouble realising what my passions are and where to invest my time and efforts… any tips? (09.29)
4) How do you start a blog or vlog? (14.13)
5) How much has your business (scope) changed in 3 years from the initial vision you had? (16.52)
6) I can make to-do lists and set up daily routines but I can’t seem to get my grind back and just stick to the plan on a daily basis. Any ideas on how to get my mojo back? (19.16)
7) What’s your no.1 tip to have more clients or at least healthy, steady growth? (21.57)
8) What part of you job satisfies you most? (23.24)
9) Do you ever feel like your clients “issues” get you down? How do you deal with this? (25.04)
Join us for a weekend of surprises as we celebrate Pete’s birthday! We also speak about the fear I experienced when starting A Life I Choose.
We surprise my mum again and this time she is totally surprised! And we speak about the 80/20 principle; designing your life around the 20% of it that brings you most fulfilment.
I used to hate networking. Okay, let’s get real. I disliked any kind of social event really – parties, drinks at a bar, weddings. I’m the kind of person who could very happily read books all weekend, buried under blankets and drinking tea. It’s funny that I don’t have any cats to complete that scenario!
It’s not just that I’m more of an introverted character type. Socialising used to fill me with anxiety. I always felt awkward and out of place. The moment I’d walk into any type of social scenario, my first thought would be, “Where’s the bar?” And after getting my drink, my next thought would be, “Is it too early to go home?”
In the video below, I speak about how the anxiety I used to experience was negatively impacting my ability to grow my business. Once I understood what was underneath the anxiety, I was able to stop allowing it to take over. Socialising has become easier, I’m able to put myself out there more and consequently my business has grown!